Awareness is absolutely crucial to bringing hope to children with cancer and their families. To bring about this awareness, the first step is to be armed with knowledge. Please read these Childhood Cancer Facts so that you may share the truth with others!
Another crucial step is learning how to mobilize yourself and your community. Here are some helpful tips and links to guide you:
- September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
- Spread the word in the community and on social media. You can even share the list of facts provided.
- The most tangible way to show your support is to "Go Gold" (gold is the official childhood cancer ribbon color) by wearing gold ribbons, putting gold decorations or childhood cancer signs in your front yard, wear gold clothing items/jewelry/nail polish, host a "Go Gold" day at a local school, etc.
- Check out this AWESOME LIST of ideas for Septemeber from The Pablove Foundation
- Begin a donation partnership with a childhood cancer organization.
- Host a blood drive for your local Children's Hospital.
- Search www.change.org for any petitions to sign relating to childhood cancer
- Purchase and display any of these childhood cancer products
- Get your own children involved by hosting your own fundraiser!
- Follow groups such as People Against Childhood Cancer, St. Baldrick's, Coalition Against Childhood Cancer, and CureSearch on their websites or on social media for the most up to date news from the childhood cancer community